Version 4.0 build 1 (December 8, 2010) :
New: Add Hardware/Accessories
- Now finally use Game Collector to catalog your gaming hardware and peripherals.
- Add your game consoles, handhelds, controllers, guitars, drum kits,
microphones, light guns, balance boards, camera's, etc...
- Use the Find Hardware Image tool to find images using Google Images
and add them to your database with one click.
- List your gaming kit together with your games, e.g. in Platform folders.
New: Support for Box Sets
- New Box Set field in Edit Game screen, to indicate the game belongs to
a boxed set or collection.
- Show your games grouped by Box Set in the main screen.
- Box Set item with fields for Front cover, Back Cover, Release Date,
Barcode, Purchase Date, Price, Store, Condition, Current Value and Notes
- All Box Set fields are now shown in a special Box Set bar at the top of the
Details View (in all details view templates)
- new Box Set List button on toolbar for direct access to the Box Set List screen
New: Find Cover Image screen
- Find missing cover images online and add them to your database with just a few clicks.
The screen shows results from Google Images, based on title, barcode and format.
- Built-in Crop tool to remove unwanted borders.
- Get to the Find Cover Image screen :
- by clicking the new "No Cover" placeholder image in Details View
- right from Preview in the Add Games Automatically screen, when no cover is found
in the Collectorz.com online game database.
- from the right-click menu on any game entry in the main screen
- from the Images tab in the Edit Game screen
New: Collection Statistics integrated in main screen
- When no game is selected, the Details View panel now shows collection statistics
based on the current Folder field (e.g. by Genre, or by Format)
- Switch between Bar Chart or Pie Chart (or game Details)
- Navigate to a folder (e.g. Genre = "Rock") by clicking on a bar or pie part
Improved Wish List functionality
- Quickly check your Wish List using tabs at the bottom of the main screen:
All / Collection / Wish List
- Add games to your Wish List right from the Add Games Automatically screen
- Right click a game to "Move to Wish List" / "Move to Collection"
- Edit Game: clearer separation of Collection Status values into
"Collection" and "Wish List" groups
- Updated terminology for the Collection Status values
- Revamped icons for all Collection Status values
Improved My Rating functionality
- My Rating now uses a 10-star rating
- Redesigned rating stars
- Click My Rating stars in Details View to modify rating in small pop up
- Group games into My Rating folders on main screen
Improved Images View in main screen
- Removal of titles under images results in cleaner layout
(titles are still shown on mouse-over)
- Reduced spacing between image thumbs
- New placeholder image for games without cover images
- New placeholder image for games with a missing thumbnail image
New toolbar icons:
- Revamped toolbar icons, to make the add/edit game icons stand out more from
the new Add Hardware button. And to match the new Game Collector color (red!).
New: "Vee Four" templates
- Improved layout:
- Larger covers in left and right corners.
- New look for My Rating stars (click to change rating).
- 4 cool looking styles (Blue, Black, Green and Game-Red).
- New "Vee Four Compact" Template for Preview Panel in Add Automatically screen.
- The Details View panel is now rendered using an embedded Internet Explorer control.
Version 3.5 build 1 (October 19, 2010)
- Improved: Export to CLZ Games
- Now supports CLZ Games HD app for iPad (app coming soon)
- Now supports CLZ Games app for Android
- New: Export to File option, for transferring data to the mobile app over USB.
(Currently only supported in the iPad and Android apps. Of course, the
upcoming update for the CLZ Games iPhone app will support it too).
- The Details View panel is now rendered using an embedded Internet
- Printing: Some settings weren't stored when saving a template